Sunday 31 May 2015

Phenakistoscopes and zoetropes


During this project I have researched into phenakistoscopes and zoetropes to show how many different types of animations there are, for example as opposed to creating a film or using a selection of photographs to create an animation you can create a zoetrope which is a rapid series of images that appear to be a single moving picture. These are created by colouring the the blank side of the zoetrope template black as this creates contrast when viewing the images whilst spinning the disk that helps you see more clearly. You then draw a series of still images in or around each oval space. Then you push a pen into the centre circle of the zoetrope so you are able to spin the template therefore seeing the animation. I created my own zoetrope but unfortunately I am unable to upload a photo to this blog as the zoetrope isn't in my possession and I don't have a photograph of it

No comments:

Post a Comment